*image borrowed from Google
Most people make resolutions for the year ahead in the hope that their lives will change for the better. Some people brush resolutions off as nonsense but I actually love them and in recent years I have become very good at sticking to them! I think the secret to sticking to resolutions is to keep the changes small, simple, and easy to keep up. I could kid myself that I’ll be fluent in Arabic or have abs by December 2016 but let’s be honest, it won’t happen. I wouldn’t even know where to begin with Arabic (a friend tried and failed to teach me at university) and I will never give up chocolate so abs are a no-go for me.
This year my resolutions are very similar to ones I’ve had in previous years. My resolutions in the past 2 or 3 years have been do-able and have made my life much more fun.
- Make more time for my friends and family. The majority of 2015 was spent juggling shifts at work, putting a massive strain on my social life. I worked 6 backshifts in a row, every second week, plus weekends, and it made it extremely hard to fit in all of my friends and family. My new job is Monday - Friday, dayshift only. Its time to get my life back!
- Save some money! I want a couple of 2016 holidays and I need to make a start on my 'new car' fund. I'll need to tighten my belt when it comes to needless spending (do I really need more lipsticks or shoes?!) but it'll be worth it in the end.
- Get back into a good fitness routine. In 2015 my gym routine was ruined by my awful shift pattern. Now that I have a set work-routine, I need to get my fitness level back up.
- Help charity more. There are so many people and animals in need all over the world. 2016 needs more love, compassion and helping others.
- Try to be more patient. It really isn't my strong point but maybe I'll get better if I work at it! I think this will be the hardest resolution for me to stick to.